Monday, March 4, 2013

They have invaded my life



Now I know how a farmer feels when invaded by a plague of locusts.  Everywhere he turns there are those pesky insects.  They are in the fields.  They invade the barn.  They even get in the house despite his efforts to stop them. They swarm all over the dog as he tries to nap.  They are literally everywhere, impossible to escape.  The farmer’s once peaceful life has been totally disrupted.
The two Obamas have similarly invaded my life and produced the same effect.  Being  retired, I formed a habit of watching my favorite TV news and business shows on and off during the day. Meanwhile, Barack insists on giving daily boring speeches.   Somehow, an adoring media feels they are worthy of coverage.   As a result, I can no longer enjoy my routine pastime without being exposed to Barack’s latest finger-pointing lecture.   Muting the TV worked for awhile, but his smug, ever present face remained on the screen, thus rendering that technique unsatisfactory.  
Barack’s babbling mouth was bad enough, but lately he has been joined by a co-conspirator, Michelle.   Much like her husband, she feels she has something to say I should hear.  Here is the First Lady of the U.S. appearing on mindless TV talk shows.  Also, in her wisdom, she tells American school kids what they should and shouldn’t eat.  It is not clear whether her goal is to have them look like her emaciated husband (seen those pictures of him in golf shorts?) or her own well-fed self.  Just this week, Michelle expanded her “I’m relevant” campaign.  She announced that the diet of our dogs also deserves her attention.  First, she tells us how to raise our kids.  Now, she extends that to our mutts.
Recently, Michelle abruptly appeared  by satellite on the TV Oscar show, bangs and all, impressively surrounded by military reps in full dress uniforms.  Neither they nor Michelle had any reason at all to be there.  Only in the most arrogant reaches of the Obama mind does such a display make sense.
So, I have given up watching TV in the day or evening hours in order to escape the daily Obama intrusions.  That leaves me with only the Wall Street Journal to fall back on during those hours.   Hence, you can imagine my horror when I turned to the Editorial page this week only to find a piece by the Second Mouth herself.   With typical Obama ego, she praises herself for leading all of us to a slimmed down lifestyle.  By so doing, she waddled into my last remaining space free of the Obama curse.
Woe is me!  These two locusts are everywhere babbling to all who will listen.  I am told this horrible scenario will last another three to four years.  My life will not be the same until this plague flies away.